Next election date: August 9, 2022 Partisan Primary
WHAT IS ON MY BALLOT?
You can view a sample ballot two weeks before an election by going to MyVote.wi.gov Click on Regular Voter, and enter your name or address.
PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ELECTIONS.
To find out if you have the right photo ID or instructions on how to receive a free state ID card visit bringit.wisconsin.gov
REGISTRATION Voter Registration Application
All Town of Washington residents must be registered in order to vote. You can register in one of four ways:
- By mail. Up to 20 days before the election. Registration forms can be mailed to the Town Clerk. You can start your voter registration form online at myvote.wi.gov. Your form must be printed, signed, and mailed or delivered, to your municipal clerk. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- In person with the Town Clerk. You may register in-person, by appointment only, up until the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. or close of business, whichever is later. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- At the polling place on Election Day. You may register at the polls on Election Day. You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering.
- On line. Only voters with a valid unexpired Wisconsin Drivers License or Wisconsin State ID Card may use the site to register to vote. Click here to register. You will need your Wisconsin Drivers License or Wisconsin State Id Card number in order to register to vote online. You will also need to match the name, date of birth, and address on file with the Wisconsin DMV in order to register to vote online. If a match can not be made with the Wisconsin DMV, you will still be able to register to vote by printing, signing, and mailing your registration form along with proof of residence to your municipal clerk. Registering online is only available up to 20 days before the election..
Proof of residence (POR) documentation must show your name, your address and prove that you have resided in the Town of Washington for at least 28 days. Please click here for examples of POR.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS Absentee Application
- By Mail: If you are a registered Wisconsin voter, you can complete the form and mail it to the Town Clerk. Your application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you. Remember to include a copy of your photo ID with your application.
- Online or Email: Registered voters with a copy of their valid photo ID on file with the municipal clerk can make absentee ballot requests by sending an email to the minicipal clerk or through Myvote.wi.gov. If a voter is registered and does not have a valid photo ID on file, MyVote will create an absentee request form for the voter and prompt them to send it to their municipal clerk along with a copy of their photo ID.
Please note absentee BALLOTS cannot be RETURNED BY EMAIL, they will need to be sent through the postal service.
- In-person Absentee Voting(early voting): is conducted with the Town Clerk by appointment only. In-person absentee voting (also known as early voting) begins as soon as the ballots become available. Appointments available Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
All Town of Washington residents vote at the Town Hall, 2301 Town Hall Road. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for all elections.
Town of Washington Ward Map click here.
For election results click here.
For more information, or to check your voter status click here or contact your Town Clerk.