How do I get a bartenders license?

In order for you to be eligible to obtain an operator's license (or bartender’s license) you must meet the following criteria:
  1. Be 18 years of age or older.
  2. Meet criminal records requirement.
  3. Have completed a responsible beverage server course or currently hold an unexpired operator’s license in another township. Please be sure to submit the $30 application fee along with the application. Download

Who do I contact if I need to put in a new driveway?

Please complete the driveway permit application and contact the Town of Washington foreman at 715-891-4833 prior to putting in a new driveway.

How do I obtain a fire number?

Complete the fire number application and submit it to the Town Clerk along with the $50 application fee. Once the fire number is assigned the town will order and install the new fire number (time frame is usually around 60 days).

How do I license my dog?

Mail and enclose your dog’s current rabies certificate, check payable to the Town of Washington (see fees below) and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Town of Washington Treasurer, PO Box 1373, Eagle River, WI 54521. Fees: fees $10.00 for male/female dog and $5.00 for a neutered or spayed dog. If paid after March 31st include a $5.00 late charge. Download

How do I request an absentee ballot?

Absentee ballot requests must be made in writing, download application. Please visit our election page for more information.

Where do I get a building permit?

The Town of Washington falls under Vilas County Zoning. Apply for a building permit here or contact the county zoning office at 715-479-3620.

How do I rent/reserve the Town Hall?

Residents of the Town of Washington are able to rent the town hall free of charge. A refundable $200 security deposit is required. If you are interesting in renting the town hall please contact the Town of Washington Chairman at 715-479-2074.

Click here for the town hall rental agreement.